Dr Yan Yehai
Key Lab of Rubber-plastics, Ministry of Education
School of Polymer Science and Engineering (SPSE)
Qingdao University of Science and Technology (QUST)
Qingdao 266042, China
Office: Room 310, Rubber-Plastics Building
● PhD (chemistry) Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (2002)
● MEng (polymer) Qingdao Institute of Technology (1999)
● BEng (polymer) Qingdao Institute of Technology (1996)
● 2011 – now Full Professor, SPSE, QUST (TaiShan Scholar, concurrent appointment)
● 2006 – 2011 Associate Professor, SPSE, QUST
● 2008－2009 Humboldt Scholar, Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden, GER
● 2002－2006 Research Fellow, Singapore-MIT Alliance, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), SG
● 2007.07－2007.08/2009.07－2009.09 Visiting Scientist, NTU, SG
With polymer and nanocarbon (CNT and graphene) as research objects, material surface &interface chemistry as entry point, and molecular design as guideline, Prof Yan’s main research interests are to develop the multifunctional polymeric nanomaterials.
● Design, synthesis and application of functional polymers
● Development of scalable graphene production technique through liquid-phase exfoliation
● Development of carbon nanotube/graphene masterbatch
● Polymer/carbon nanofiller composites (hydrogels)
● PhD student (polymer chemistry or polymer nanocomposite)
● Postdoctor (polymer chemistry, polymer nanocomposite, or production and application of graphene)
1. Jian Cui, Zhongxin Song, Lanxia Xin, Shuai Zhao,Yehai Yan,* Guangye Liu. Exfoliation of graphite to few-layer graphene in aqueous media with vinylimidazole-based polymer as high-performance stabilizer. Carbon 2016, 99, 249-260.
2. Shuai Zhao, Haining Wang, Lanxia Xin, Jian Cui, Yehai Yan*. A versatile platform of 2-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl) pyrrolidine grafted graphene for preparation of various graphene-derived materials. Chem Asian J 2015, 10(5), 1177-1183.
3. Shuai Zhao, Chunyan Li, Yang Zhou, Shenggang Wang, Feng Su,* Jian Cui, Yehai Yan.* A multifunctional hydrogel based on heterostructured hybrids of single-walled carbon nanotubes and clay nanoplatelets. Carbon 2014, 77, 846-856.
4. Yehai Yan,* Jian Cui, Shuai Zhao, Jinfang Zhang, Jiwen Liu, Junmei Cheng. Interface molecular engineering of single-walled carbon nanotube/epoxy composites. J Mater Chem 2012, 22, 1928-1936.
5. Yehai Yan,* Jian Cui, Petra Poetschke, Brigitte Voit. Dispersion of pristine single-walled carbon nanotubes using pyrene-capped polystyrene and its application for preparation of polystyrene matrix composites. Carbon 2010, 48, 2603-2612.
Full publications http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=SJMrzIMAAAAJ or https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Yehai_Yan/contributions